Saturday 15 October 2011

On 2 wheels

10.00am: Time to get ready for the first lecture of the day..and I'm excited.

Oh no no no...it's not the brain-numbing ramblings of my professors which gives me the high, but the fact that I'll be able to cycle to uni which stimulates me brains to produce lovely serotonin shots.

10:15am: Wrapping myself up with a bobbly beanie, gloves and a scarf to protect my already damaged skin from the chilly wind.

I can't believe how much I enjoy cycling to and fro in London. Sure, there will be the occasional near misses of crippling accidents from massive double-decker buses or speeding sports car drivers, but hey...every enjoyable activity has their risks.

10:30am: Unlocking my trusty second-hand Dahon Jack D7 from my flat's railing whilst nervously checking if the front wheel or seat have been stolen. Nope, they're still attached.

Within minutes, I'm on the road whizzing past vehicles stuck in the morning jam and singing Christmas tunes (slightly aware that pedestrians may be able to hear me). It is just the most amazing feeling EVER! If I haven't any other reason to get up to go to uni, this will be it.

I love how cycling's so much faster and RELIABLE than public transportation (curse you, tfl!). I love the cold wind in my face. I especially love the fact that in 2 months, I'm gonna have a pair of fantastic gluts.

10.50am: Gliding towards the front entrance of uni in a slow-mo, reaching the finishing-line-of tour-de-france-manner with 10 minutes to spare.

Life is good.

Although, speaking of Christmas...it wouldn't hurt to wish for a cute bicycle as per the one below...


...in red or lovely pastel colours =)

No comments: