Wednesday 28 September 2011

I love reading...

In one of those columns where they'd ask for your hobby or interest, I'd say reading, not 'cause it's generic or to give good impression. It's cause I really, honest to Betsy, LOVE reading.

When I pick up a book I really enjoy, I will be so absorbed into the story. My mind and emotions roller coaster parallel to the moods portrayed by the author. I feel myself mentally transported away from real life and actually become part of the story.

Now, I know the books I read are trashy, crisps ('cause they're junk, unhealthy and non-educational). But my chosen books are ones I desire to feel at that particular time.

If I felt adventurous, I pick up a Sci Fi by Philip Pullman, CS Lewis, JK Rowling, or any other random author.

When I wanna feel loved, I pick up a romance novel by Meg Cabot, Sophie Kinsella, Melissa Hill, etcetra etcetra

If I wanna challenge my mind and emotions, I tend to go for Jodie Picoults, Dave Pelzer, or any autobiography of a person's challenged life.

Sigh....reading's awesome.

No comments: