Saturday 20 February 2010

heartbreak...

2 days ago, my mom broke the news that her cousin, Sarah, passed away last month.

...it was a car accident in Hong Kong....

Although I barely knew her, I've heard lots about her. She was only 30. She has an amazing dad whom I call Singapore Kong Kong...someone I look up to.

Sarah's practically a stranger to me but the shock of this news was tremendous. The first person I thought of was my great-uncle. The grief he is now experiencing must be unbearable. Being a doctor who saves hundreds of lives, but having no control over...this...

I can't explain how crushed I am right now and how close I am to bursting into tears. What if it was someone closer to me? What if I wasn't there with that person? What if the last thing I said was 'catch ya later'?

No comments: